x

Username:

Password:

or Register

Lost Password?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Processing Can't even download?
03-11-2013, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2013 09:10 PM by Deathunter.)
Can't even download?
I'm finding way too many issues with vShare as of this last update. Even though the download speed has always been really slow as of late because of the influx of users due to Installous and Zeusmos being gone, and AppCake not really even working lately, this last update has just made things so much worse as far as I can tell.

First of all, the update alerted me any time I started my phone -- reboot, respring, anything like that. Since I knew I couldn't disable the update alert, I decided, screw it, I might as well. Only, the update button from the notification alert didn't work. In fact, vShare was no longer on my phone because it couldn't install it.

So, I downloaded it from the website as I had done originally and tried to install it through iTunes (and yes, before you ask, I do have AppSync or else I couldn't have installed it in the first place) only for it to alert me on both iTunes and my phone that it failed to install. Looks like the IPA method is dead.

So, I went ahead and added the Repo on Cydia, installed it from there, but not only does it crash constantly, but the downloads aren't even working. And I don't just mean that they're really slow, I mean, I've tried to download a few apps that also failed to install entirely. The size on the app description doesn't match the size when it's downloading. Either it's only downloading a percentage of the app which is why it's failing, or vShare's databases are all incredibly corrupted and need to be sorted out.

Either way you look at it, I'm not able to get anything out of vShare, which is really disappointing as it was the most obvious alternative to Installous after it was shut down. Hopefully you guys can resolve this issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2013, 06:38 PM
RE: Can't even download?
I'm finding way too many issues with vShare as of this last update. Even though the download speed has always been really slow as of late because of the influx of users due to Installous and Zeusmos being gone, and AppCake not really even working lately, this last update has just made things so much worse as far as I can tell.

First of all, the update alerted me any time I started my phone -- reboot, respring, anything like that. Since I knew I couldn't disable the update alert, I decided, screw it, I might as well. Only, the update button from the notification alert didn't work. In fact, vShare was no longer on my phone because it couldn't install it.

The updated message has the following information"If you can't update, please re-install vShare from Cydia Repo http://repo.appvv.com/. Why don't you people see this.
Many users installed old version from third party repo which do not support IOS 6 and came here or facebook to ask help. I am very tired to answer this.
That's why we force use to update.

So, I downloaded it from the website as I had done originally and tried to install it through iTunes (and yes, before you ask, I do have AppSync or else I couldn't have installed it in the first place) only for it to alert me on both iTunes and my phone that it failed to install. Looks like the IPA method is dead.

If you install the vShare from our official web site (http://v.appvv.com/en/), you should not get the error.
I ever put a detailed video on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0keKSXKsjM
It's very very easy, just click two times.
I suggest you to watch the video carefully.

So, I went ahead and added the Repo on Cydia, installed it from there, but not only does it crash constantly, but the downloads aren't even working. And I don't just mean that they're really slow, I mean, I've tried to download a few apps that also failed to install entirely. The size on the app description doesn't match the size when it's downloading. Either it's only downloading a percentage of the app which is why it's failing, or vShare's databases are all incredibly corrupted and need to be sorted out.

The download speed is our main issue at current time.
The download server has overloaded for a long time, We are trying best to improve this.
Please do not push us hardly.

Either way you look at it, I'm not able to get anything out of vShare, which is really disappointing as it was the most obvious alternative to Installous after it was shut down. Hopefully you guys can resolve this issue.
03-12-2013, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 12:31 PM by Claustric.)
(03-11-2013 06:38 PM)simon Wrote:  
The updated message has the following information"If you can't update, please re-install vShare from Cydia Repo http://repo.appvv.com/. Why don't you people see this.
Many users installed old version from third party repo which do not support IOS 6 and came here or facebook to ask help. I am very tired to answer this.
That's why we force use to update.

Which I did, as I stated in the last paragraph. But that message wasn't in the notification alert. In fact, the only reason I even discovered there being a repo for it at all was that I checked these forums to see if you guys had a solution to what was going on.

If you install the vShare from our official web site (http://v.appvv.com/en/), you should not get the error.
I ever put a detailed video on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0keKSXKsjM
It's very very easy, just click two times.
I suggest you to watch the video carefully.

And I suggest you to read what I said. I did try downloading it from your website. I tried both methods. Using iTunes to port the IPA over directly, and installing it via iFile on my phone. Neither method worked. Both of them explicitly said "vShare failed to install." I understand you're trying to help, but you could at least be a little bit more polite in your responses. I'm not technologically illiterate in the least, I know what I'm doing. It's just what what you're instructing us to do, isn't working.

The download speed is our main issue at current time.
The download server has overloaded for a long time, We are trying best to improve this.
Please do not push us hardly.

I understand that. I wasn't even complaining about download speeds. I understand that your bandwidth is severely throttled from numerous users downloading your files all at once. My point was that some of your downloads are completely broken. They download fully, even if it takes a while -- but they fail to install because the files are either corrupt or didn't download properly. I've tried this multiple times on several applications. Since updating vShare, every app I've tried to download has failed to install.

Edit: To assist in this, I've recorded a video of my iPhone attempting to install the application as your video instructs, and showing the issues I'm having with your application database. It's currently uploading, but I'll link it when it's up.
03-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Part 1, I updated the alert message information. Thank you for the feedback.

Part 2, If you encountered this problem, that means you didn't install AppSync or AppSync version is not correct. In the guide video, you will find we install Appsync firstly, then install vShare in safari.

thank you again.!
03-13-2013, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 07:06 AM by Claustric.)
http://youtu.be/zxBbeA5hSDI

AppSync works just fine, I've used it for many other applications and it's the only one I trust, to be quite frank.

Regardless, still more issues than just installing vShare, as the video above shows. I tried to keep it short and simple, but still.

My apologies for stumbling over my words constantly in the video. I've been going without sleep a lot lately, due to stress, so I'm having a lot of trouble focusing. But still, you should be able to see the problems I'm running into. And someone else even reported the same "(Jailbreak need)" error message as a comment on your video, so it's apparently not just me.
03-13-2013, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 08:21 AM by Deathunter.)
(03-13-2013 07:03 AM)Claustric Wrote:  http://youtu.be/zxBbeA5hSDI

AppSync works just fine, I've used it for many other applications and it's the only one I trust, to be quite frank.

Regardless, still more issues than just installing vShare, as the video above shows. I tried to keep it short and simple, but still.

My apologies for stumbling over my words constantly in the video. I've been going without sleep a lot lately, due to stress, so I'm having a lot of trouble focusing. But still, you should be able to see the problems I'm running into. And someone else even reported the same "(Jailbreak need)" error message as a comment on your video, so it's apparently not just me.

Alright, I can see that you couldn't install vShare from the website, however, at the end of your video, while you where using the cydia version it was working without any problems, and when you attempted to download the game Dude Perfect you had a download speed of 100+kb/sec, so where is the problem?! Undecided

If you are talking about Bad Piggies, then you already had it waiting to be downloaded before you uninstalled vShare the cydia version, then tried to install vShare the website version (which failed), and then you reinstalled the cydia version, so you had already lost the download server connection for Bad Piggies long time ago,

Furthermore, when you showed your Games folder I can clearly see that you already have Bad Piggies installed on your device, but if the one you were trying to download from vShare is a new version of it, then as I explained above you already lost the download server connection for it, so you should swipe on it to delete it and then start a fresh download.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-13-2013, 07:03 PM
(03-13-2013 07:58 AM)Deathunter Wrote:  Alright, I can see that you couldn't install vShare from the website, however, at the end of your video, while you where using the cydia version it was working without any problems, and when you attempted to download the game Dude Perfect you had a download speed of 100+kb/sec, so where is the problem?! Undecided

Download speed wasn't a problem. It's not great, but, that's pretty good for considering how much of a server load you guys are getting right now, I'm sure. But, look a little closer. I mentioned how it's 12 megabytes short on file size. When you look at the game on the app description, it's 34.21 MB. When it's downloading, the total size is 22.41 MB -- and although I stopped recording before this ever showed, when it finishes downloading and switches to install, it says it failed to install.

I'm not sure if you guys are like some others and only index downloads from other pages, or if the apps are hosted directly by you or not. If it's just indexed, then there's not much you guys could do about it besides remove the broken app for the time being. But if it's one hosted on your servers, perhaps see what's wrong with the app and replace it?

(03-13-2013 07:58 AM)Deathunter Wrote:  If you are talking about Bad Piggies, then you already had it waiting to be downloaded before you uninstalled vShare the cydia version, then tried to install vShare the website version (which failed), and then you reinstalled the cydia version, so you had already lost the download server connection for Bad Piggies long time ago,

Furthermore, when you showed your Games folder I can clearly see that you already have Bad Piggies installed on your device, but if the one you were trying to download from vShare is a new version of it, then as I explained above you already lost the download server connection for it, so you should swipe on it to delete it and then start a fresh download.

I do that repeatedly. There was an update apparently for vShare today on Cydia, and it's downloading Bad Piggies fine now. So that part's solved. I suppose it was just still considerably overloaded on the servers and couldn't actually obtain the server connection reliably enough to download, and I just had to keep trying until it was able to.

I do appreciate the work you guys are putting into this. Not trying to be rude or say it's not a good product. Just, trying to figure out what's going on with some of these issues, and see if you might be able to fix it or at least have an idea on what the problem might be.
03-13-2013, 08:03 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 12:12 AM by Deathunter.)
(03-13-2013 07:03 PM)Claustric Wrote:  Download speed wasn't a problem. It's not great, but, that's pretty good for considering how much of a server load you guys are getting right now, I'm sure. But, look a little closer. I mentioned how it's 12 megabytes short on file size. When you look at the game on the app description, it's 34.21 MB. When it's downloading, the total size is 22.41 MB -- and although I stopped recording before this ever showed, when it finishes downloading and switches to install, it says it failed to install.

You should know that with the current server overload issue, you should consider your self lucky for getting a download speed of 100+kb/sec, as a lot of users can't even get 20kb/sec, and some users can't download anything at all Undecided

Any way, I have just downloaded Dude Perfect from vShare website ( http://enapp.appvv.com/24758.html ) on my computer, and it also got downloaded as 22.4 MB, however, I got it successfully installed from my computer to my iPhone.

(03-13-2013 07:03 PM)Claustric Wrote:  I'm not sure if you guys are like some others and only index downloads from other pages, or if the apps are hosted directly by you or not. If it's just indexed, then there's not much you guys could do about it besides remove the broken app for the time being. But if it's one hosted on your servers, perhaps see what's wrong with the app and replace it?

Actually vShare has its own server, and that's the whole reason of why when more users are downloading at the same time the download speed becomes really slow, and that's because the server gets overloaded.

Now as I said above, I have downloaded Dude Perfect for vShare website and got it successfully installed on my iPhone, it is true that its actual size differs from the size mentioned in the app details, but after I personally tested it, the app doesn't seems to have any problems.

Be aware, that just like Installous was linked with ( Apptrackr.cd ) vShare is linked with ( http://enapp.appvv.com/ ) so the file I downloaded on my computer is the exact same file you downloaded by using vShare, and that is why I find it strange that you couldn't install it.

(03-13-2013 07:03 PM)Claustric Wrote:  I do that repeatedly. There was an update apparently for vShare today on Cydia, and it's downloading Bad Piggies fine now. So that part's solved. I suppose it was just still considerably overloaded on the servers and couldn't actually obtain the server connection reliably enough to download, and I just had to keep trying until it was able to.

It is sad to hear that you have to keep trying until you get it, but unfortunately when the server gets overloaded there is nothing you could do except of keep trying, so it is good to hear that you successfully got Bad Piggies update.

(03-13-2013 07:03 PM)Claustric Wrote:  I do appreciate the work you guys are putting into this. Not trying to be rude or say it's not a good product. Just, trying to figure out what's going on with some of these issues, and see if you might be able to fix it or at least have an idea on what the problem might be.

And we do appreciate your concerns, no one accused you of being rude Rolleyes as I have seen some rude users and trust me you are nothing like them Wink any way, ever since Installous got terminated a lot of people started using vShare as an alterantive,

With the fact it happened all by the sudden that caused a huge unexpected load on vShare server, so more bandwidth has been added to the server to resolve the overload. But not much long after evasi0n has been released for jailbreaking iOS6+,

So a lot of freshly jailbroken iOS6+ users started to use vShare as well, and they are all hungry to fulfill their freshly jailbroken devices with free stuff, in which even with the added bandwidth, the server overload got even worse than before,

That is why several things has been suggested by the users to resolve the server overload ( external download links, torrents, adding sign-in to vShare, .... etc ) and someday one or more of those suggestions might become a reality, but it will take time.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user