Password:

or Register

Lost Password?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to update apps using iFunbox
03-18-2013, 03:34 PM
How to update apps using iFunbox
I installed a game some days ago using iFunbox, and now there is a new update of the game. I already downloaded in my computer the new version of the game, and I'm going to install the new version using iFunbox, but I don't want to lose the current progress that I have in the game.
Do I have to uninstall the game before intalling the new version?

@Deathhunter I'm sure you can help me with this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2013, 07:29 PM
RE: How to update apps using iFunbox
I am not sure that you can actually update an app by using iFunBox, as even if you haven't uninstalled the old app version, once you install a new version, it may not update the old version as it is most likely that it is going to replace the old version,

Computer-related example: it is similar to when you try to copy file to a folder in which it already got a file with the same name, and you get asked if you want to replace or rename it. Only when you try to install a new version of an app you already have on your iDevice, then it just replace it,

Any way, let me know which game is it? the current version you have installed? and the new version you downloaded on your computer? and I will be more than happy to download both versions and do some (trials & errors) and I will get back to you with the result.

Note:-
I hope that the game is iPhone compatible, as I don't have an iPad, I only got an iPhone.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-19-2013, 06:18 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 06:18 AM by Jdvillao.)
I already did it using iFunbox. You just install the new updated version without uninstall the old one, and you don't lose your current progress Smile

Thank for answering so fast and trying to help as you always do man.
Find all posts by this user
03-19-2013, 06:27 AM
Great to hear that Smile and thanks for your feedback regarding the issue Blush

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user